From: Hokie Wellness
Employees are invited to find ways to improve their financial wellness at the Hokie Wellness Financial Wellness Series. The Financial Wellness Series continues this semester with two new sessions.
- Retirement Planning for the Young Professional (part two)
- Feb. 28 from 12:30-1:30 p.m., North End Center, room 2200
- This session is also available via WebEx.
- In the first session of Retirement Planning for the Young Professional held last fall, Alex White, an advanced instructor in the Department of Dairy Science, discussed the basics of how to start planning for retirement. In this session, participants will learn more about how to choose investments and how much to invest. White will also discuss how powerful the 403(b) is and will provide in-depth information about IRAs.
- Home Buying: No Down Payment? No Problem!
- March 22 from 12-1 p.m., North End Center, room 2200
- Buying a home is one of the biggest financial decisions a person can make and choosing the right mortgage product can be difficult with the variety of options available. In this session, staff from Community Housing Partners Homeownership will discuss the various loan products available in the New River Valley, including special financing that requires little to no down payment. Participates will learn about the advantages and disadvantages of each product and receive tips on how to prepare a credit report for a loan application.
Registration is required for each program, including WebEx sessions. To register, click “view by alpha” and search for the class name mentioned above.
For more information contact Hokie Wellness at 540-231-8878 (employees) or 540-231-2233 (students).
Submit a Campus Notice
Try the updated campus notice form. This form allows for image submissions. It also requires a valid PID to access.
Get started by going to the form.