Find detailed IT info on the 4Help service portal
October 14, 2019
If you have Virginia Tech-specific IT or computer questions, where should you go? The best place to start is the 4Help service portal (4help.vt.edu). At the 4Help site you can find articles on how to use services, get in contact with IT support, and find out whether any services are down.
While OneCampus (onecampus.vt.edu) connects you with services all over the university (paying bills, searching for jobs, pay stubs, connecting with Housing and Dining or the Registrar’s office, etc.), 4Help is dedicated specifically to supporting your IT needs. You can connect with 4Help through OneCampus, or just go directly to 4help.vt.edu to find answers to questions like:
- how to buy specific software
- how to submit an assignment in Canvas
- what to do if you have a problem with your Virginia Tech email
- whether an IT service is down (like wireless or Zoom)
- what to do if you think your device has malware on it
and much more. The 4Help team is rolling out an updated interface on October 21, with improvements based on user feedback. You can learn more about these changes by visiting our 4Help news page.