Find detailed IT info and support on the 4Help service portal
January 7, 2020
If you have Virginia Tech-specific IT or computer questions, where should you go? The best place to start is the 4Help service portal (4help.vt.edu). At the 4Help site you can find articles on how to use IT services, get in contact with IT support, and find out whether any services are down.
While OneCampus (onecampus.vt.edu) connects you with services all over the university (health benefits, pay stubs, Hokie Wellness, job postings, Virginia Tech events, etc.), 4Help is dedicated specifically to supporting your IT needs. You can connect with 4Help through OneCampus, or just go directly to 4help.vt.edu to find answers to questions like:
- best practices for backing up your data
- how to set up a video conference via Zoom
- how to upload grades to Canvas using DataLink scanners
- what to do if you have a problem with your Virginia Tech email
- whether an IT service is down (like wireless or Zoom)
and much more. The 4Help team rolled out a new and improved interface last fall that makes it easy to quickly find the information you need. Visit 4help.vt.edu to browse our service catalog or to request personalized help.