Phone calls, email available for computer issues, software services
March 16, 2020
The safety and well-being of the university community is our highest priority. To help prevent community spread of the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19, walk-in IT support on Torgersen Bridge and in the Student Services Building is being suspended until further notice. 4Help continues to offer IT support online and via phone, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
In addition, the Software Service Center on Torgersen Bridge will be closed for walk-in support. Personnel will still be responding to phone calls and email, and will continue to process service requests and online orders for student and departmental software. For student software ordering, visit software.vt.edu/studentorder. University employees should continue to use the established process for software requests in HokieMart.
If you need technical assistance, contact 4Help online or via phone (540-231-4357).
We appreciate your patience as we work to provide you with the highest level of support in this difficult time.
- Continuity of Instruction guidelines for instructors moving courses online
- Working Remotely: A Guide to Maintaining Continuity
- Virginia Tech 4Help Service Catalog (to find and request IT services)
- Flexible Work Options and Other Work/Life Resources at Virginia Tech
- University updates on COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)