Zoom feature enhancements improve meeting security, polls
From: Division of Information Technology
The following Zoom meeting features were enhanced during the winter break.
- Zoom has a new default security setting that ensures hosts protect their meetings with at least one of the following options: waiting rooms, passcodes, or only authenticated users can join. This setting has been activated for all Virginia Tech Zoom accounts.
- All Virginia Tech Zoom meetings now default to the waiting room option but hosts can change the setting to one of the other options.
- Previously scheduled meetings without any of the security options selected now have the waiting room activated. Hosts can select another security option by editing meeting settings.
- Meeting and webinar hosts now have the option to download the full poll results when the poll has ended, rather than waiting until the end of the event.
- Hosts and co-hosts using the web client can now launch and edit polls.
- Zoom cloud recordings now include poll results.
Additional Kaltura, Canvas, and Zoom feature updates were added at the end of the fall semester.
Technology-enhanced Learning and Online Strategies, a unit of the Division of Information Technology, is the service provider for Zoom at Virginia Tech. For assistance with Zoom settings, contact 4Help.vt.edu.