Research operations to continue over upcoming breaks
From: the Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation
For research operations, the following guidance applies effective post-Thanksgiving break through Jan. 24:
- Undergraduate students: All undergraduate for-credit research/instruction will move to virtual participation only. Paid undergraduate students may continue to work in research labs with appropriate approvals and protocols in place (i.e., PPE use, distancing rules, lab hygiene, Institutional Research Board approvals, etc.). Undergraduate student research questions may be directed to: Keri Swaby, email@example.com.
- Graduate students: All graduate for-credit instruction with the exception of research through project/thesis/dissertation credits will move to virtual participation only. Students participating in project/thesis/dissertation work and paid graduate student workers may continue in research labs with appropriate approvals and protocols in place. Graduate student research questions may be directed to: Dean Karen DePauw, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All volunteer work should be treated the same as for-credit work.
- Any exceptions should be approved by the appropriate college dean or institute director or her/his designee.
- This guidance is subject to change depending upon the development on COVID-19.
For information regarding research operations under modified operations, please visit the Phase Three: Reopening Guidance page or the COVID-19 Research Continuity Guidance microsite. For more questions, please visit the Contacts page.