Makerspace workshop to be held
From: Virginia Tech Roanoke Center
Makerspaces are gaining traction as an environment that challenges students to create and learn through hands-on, personalized experiences.
No matter where your future makerspace is - your classroom, library, museum or home - it will bring a wealth of benefits to all who participate.
Join us for a highly-interactive two-day workshop where you'll learn how to plan, deploy and evaluate a makerspace and how collaborations enrich learning and extend it beyond your space.
If you've ever wanted to create a makerspace, this workshop is for you!
Educational benefits of a makerspace:
- providing the opportunity to innovate
- creating real-world applications
- learning to take failure in stride
- exposure to new opportunities (creative ways to approach learning and reach solutions)
- building critical thinking and problem-solving skills
The makerspace workshop is on June 18-19, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Class will meet at the Roanoke Higher Education Center, 108 N. Jefferson St., Roanoke. For more information and registration, visit www.vtrc.vt.edu/technology
Contact: Robyn Smyth, Program Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org - (540) 767-6096