COVID-19 vaccine distribution updates and reminders for the university community
From: Human Resources
Editor's Note, April 5, 2021: Appointments are still available for the employee vaccination clinic on April 6, 7, and 8 at the Dedmon Center on the campus of Radford University. To register for an appointment you must be an active employee of Virginia Tech. This includes faculty, staff, wage, seasonal and graduate and undergraduate students who work for the university in some capacity. Visit this page for more information.
The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) continues to lead vaccine distribution for the commonwealth, and Virginia Tech remains in close contact with the department to ensure vaccines are available to all university members.
As VDH works through its limited supplies of vaccines, new vaccination clinics across the commonwealth will be announced on an ongoing basis.
All Virginia Tech community members - employees and students - are reminded to take the following steps to stay informed about the vaccination process:
- Check your Virginia Tech email often for the latest university COVID-19 updates and vaccine clinic information. Virginia Tech will use email to communicate with university members as they are eligible to register for a clinic. If you have not yet received an email to register for a clinic, please check your email often for new updates.
- As a reminder, check spam and junk folders in both Google and Outlook, as well as the "Other" Inbox folder if you use Outlook for email.
- Register on Vaccinate.virginia.gov and ensure your account is up-to-date if you have already pre-registered.
- Visit the Virginia Tech Ready site for additional vaccine information.
- If you receive a communication from VDH to register for a clinic on a particular date and time, please reply to that communication, following the instructions provided (1- Confirm the appointment; 2 - Defer the appointment; 3 - Reply that you are awaiting or have scheduled your second dose; 4 - Decline if you have already been vaccinated).
Questions may be directed to Hokie Wellness at email@example.com.