Centralized distribution of personal protective equipment (PPE) to begin July 6
From: Virginia Tech Procurement
Virginia Tech will launch a new, centralized process for the distribution of personal protective equipment and supplies (PPE) on July 6.
Beginning July 6, all departments requesting PPE are required to pick up their orders from the Virginia Tech Surplus Warehouse, located at 1425 South Main Street in Blacksburg.
Departments should complete an Internal Service Form (ISR) in HokieMart to request any needed PPE. Orders that have been received and fully approved prior to 2 p.m. will be available for pickup the following business day. Pickup hours are 8:30 a.m.- 4 p.m.
The direct pickup requirement will remain in place through at least Aug. 3. At that time, Surplus Property staff may offer the option of direct deliveries to departments that are adequately staffed and can be available to receive the PPE orders.
The following products are available:
- 3-ply disposable surgical masks with ear loops – in packages of 50 masks
- 100 percent cotton, machine-washable cloth masks – in packages of 5 masks
- Nitrile gloves (Sizes S, M, L, and XL) – in boxes of 100 gloves
- Latex gloves (Sizes S, M, L, and XL) – in boxes of 100 gloves
- Hand sanitizer individual bottles (Sizes S, M or L) – each
- Disinfectant spray bottles – each (*please note, due to a national shortage, no disinfectant wipes are available)
- No-touch monitoring thermometers – each (one thermometer may be utilized for entire units)
- Face Shields (disposable) with elastic head band – in packages of 10 shields
Instructions for processing the ISR in HokieMart can be found here. A pricelist of the products will be located within the instructions, and all ISRs should be completed with appropriate unit pricing.
However, in concert with the university’s return to operations planning, PPE distribution to departments will be recovered using university central funds; invoices will show no charge to individual departments. Over-ordering, or disproportionate requests for PPE will be invoiced to individual departments at product cost with no markup.
If PPE and critical supplies are needed prior to July 6, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your department has not yet completed the PPE/Critical Supplies Planning Survey, please do so to help Procurement better anticipate ongoing campus needs.
The centralized distribution model for PPE will continue until the supply chain can support departmental direct purchasing. Virginia Tech Procurement will continue to share updates as more information becomes available.